The Recovery with Equity Taskforce was established by Governor Gavin Newsom’s Senior Policy Advisor for Higher Education, Dr. Lande Ajose, in consultation with the Governor’s Council on Post-Secondary Education. The Recovery with Equity Taskforce is made up of state and national experts in higher education equity and innovation and is chaired by Dr. Ajose.
The Taskforce was created to work collaboratively to produce a roadmap for the state’s education leaders, government, and philanthropic institutions to ensure that California’s public post-secondary institutions recover from the impacts of COVID-19 more integrated, equitable, and resilient than before—and more aligned with the economic needs of the state. The Taskforce’s recommendations will be delivered by the end of 2020 to the Council and the Governor, and will outline specific actions that can be taken in the mid- and long-term.
The work of the Taskforce will be facilitated by Education First, a consulting firm with expertise in education policy, strategy, and research that will provide analysis and project management.
Please check back with us regularly as Taskforce communications and materials are updated.
Partner, Education First
Meeting Agendas and Materials
August 6, 2020
September 10, 2020
October 13, 2020
October 27, 2020
November 10, 2020
If you have a general inquiry about the Recovery with Equity Taskforce, please complete an inquiry form.
Recovery with Equity Taskforce Inquiry Form
- Lande Ajose (Chair), Senior Policy Advisory for Higher Education, Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
- Loren Blanchard, Executive Vice Chancellor, Academic and Student Affairs, California State University
- Nathan Brostrom, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, University of California Office of the President
- Bridget Burns, Executive Director, The University Innovation Alliance
- Ben Cannon, Executive Director, Oregon State Higher Education Coordinating Commission
- Michelle Asha Cooper, President, Institute for Higher Education Policy
- Keith Curry, President/CEO, Compton College
- Bryan Daley, Former Student Trustee, City College of San Francisco Board of Trustees
- Mildred Garcia, President, American Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Daisy Gonzales, Deputy Chancellor, California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office
- Shaun Harper, Clifford and Betty Allen Chair in Urban Leadership; Provost Professor of Management and Organization; Founder and Executive Director, USC Race and Equity Center, USC Rossier School of Education
- Michal Kurlaender, Professor and Department Chair University of California Davis
- Monica Lozano, President and CEO, College Futures Foundation
- Timothy Renick, Senior Vice President for Student Success and Professor, Georgia State University
- Judy Sakaki, President, Sonoma State University
- Deborah Santiago, Chief Executive Officer, Excelencia in Education
- Michele Siqueiros, President, Campaign for College Opportunity
- Gabrielle Starr, President, Pomona College
- Hayley Weddle, Postdoctoral Researcher, University California San Diego, Former Student Regent, University of California Board of Regents
- Michael Wiafe, Graduate Student, UC Berkeley Goldman School of Public Policy; Former President, Cal State Student Association