Rashidah Lopez Morgan
Rashidah Lopez Morgan works with K12 education leaders to create and implement organizational strategies and talent management solutions that meet the needs of all students, and particularly for BIPOC students. She has worked with many state and local education agencies, including the KIPP Foundation, Chicago Public Schools and the New York Department of Education, and she also has worked with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Joyce Foundation and the Walton Foundation.
Rashidah credits a quality education with positively impacting the trajectory of her life and she holds this hope for every child in America. She focused her career on improving the conditions of K12 education because she was appalled by the inequities that Black and Brown children experience as they seek a high-quality education. Prior to Education First, Rashidah worked for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools where she led talent management and principal pipeline initiatives. She also worked at Wells Fargo, Microsoft, American Express and Accenture.
Rashidah obtained her BA in Psychology at Spelman College in Atlanta, Georgia, her MBA in Marketing/Strategy at University of Michigan Ross School of Business in Ann Arbor, Michigan and her M. Ed. from The Broad Center for the Management of School Systems in Los Angeles, California. She resides in Charlotte, North Carolina. She enjoys salsa dancing, karaoke and great stories.
- Educator diversity, development and preparation
- Talent, strategy and culture
- Postsecondary transitions and success
- COVID-19 strategic recovery
- Design for equity
- Burroughs Wellcome Fund
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Rush Education and Career Hub
- Ector County Independent School District
- KIPP Foundation
Rashidah's Volunteer Affiliations
- Charlotte Lab School—Board of Directors
- North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation—Board of Directors
- Smart Start of Mecklenburg County—Community Investment Committee Member
The Morgans on vacation