Roneeta brings over two decades of experience in education research, policy and management. She has spent her career focused on identifying and advancing evidence-based approaches that provide all children with the education opportunities they need to thrive. As an experienced education leader and researcher, Roneeta brings deep content knowledge, the ability to translate research into policy and practice, and strong organization and facilitation skills.
She began her career as an admissions counselor at Occidental College in Los Angeles. Through her visits to public and private high schools around the country, she witnessed firsthand the inequities in opportunity and social capital experienced by young people. Her experience at Oxy piqued her interest in researching solutions to closing opportunity gaps. During her 13-year tenure at SRI, Roneeta managed research and evaluation projects for foundation and government clients on college and career readiness, teacher development, district and school improvement, and charter schools. She went on to join the Learning Policy Institute during its founding in 2015. There she led research in the areas of educator quality and deeper learning, launched and managed state and national initiatives to develop and scale student-centered assessment practices, and oversaw policy efforts to promote college, career, and civic readiness in state assessment and accountability systems. Prior to joining Education First, Roneeta served as the Vice President of Strategy and Impact at the Linked Learning Alliance, where she led work to advance strategic partnerships and increase the organizational and field impact of Linked Learning.
Roneeta received her undergraduate degree in public policy from Stanford University and her master’s degree in international education policy from Harvard Graduate School of Education. She lives in Los Gatos, CA with her husband, two children and their pet bunny Shadow. When she’s not shuttling her children to their myriad activities, you can find her at the beach in Santa Cruz, on a hike or winery in the Los Gatos Mountains, or planning her next family trip.
- College- and Career-Ready Expectations
- Assessments for Learning and Accountability
- Educator Workforce and Development
- Research, Program Analysis and Program Strategy
- Policy Analysis and Development
- Communities of Practice and Working Groups
- Project Management
- California Education Funders Collaborative
- Council of Chief School State Officers
- New Venture Fund
Publications by Roneeta
- The Promise of Performance Assessments: Innovations in High School Learning and Higher Education Admissions
- The Teacher Residency: An Innovative Model for Preparing Teachers
- Preparing Teachers for Deeper Learning
- Let’s Tie New State Investments to Data and Quality
- Taking Stock of the California Linked Learning District Initiative: Fifth-Year Evaluation Report
Seabright Beach in Santa Cruz - our local weekend getaway
Giant tortoise reserve in Isla Santa Cruz, Galapagos