Chief Finance and Revenue Officer
Carl joined Education First in 2016, bringing extensive experience and expertise in school turnarounds, high-quality school growth and high-impact philanthropy. After serving as a Senior Consultant and then Principal on our Effective Organizations and Investments team, Carl now serves as Chief Finance and Revenue Officer where he leads our finance, business development, analytics and technology teams.
Before joining Education First, Carl was a Program Officer at the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, focusing on investments in initiatives to increase the growth of high-quality public schools in key cities including Los Angeles, Atlanta and Washington, D.C. Previously, he served as Senior Director of Operations and Impact at the Partnership for Los Angeles Schools, one of Los Angeles Unified School District’s most successful school turnaround partners.
Carl holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA in Economics from UC San Diego. He also is an alumnus of the Broad Residency in Urban Education. Carl enjoys endurance sports, golf and spending time with his wife and two kids.
- Grantmaking Strategy and Effectiveness
- Strategic Planning
- Resource Use and Impact
- Capacity Building and Sustainability
- California Governor's Office
- College Futures Foundation
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Learning Policy Institute
- The California Community Foundation
- Abundant Living Family Church—Active Volunteer
- Citizens of the World Charter School—Los Angeles, Advisory Board Member
- ExED—Board Member